Sunday, January 23, 2011

Little Chatterbox


I probably should have some idea how many words Cora uses, since she is only 15 months old.  But when I took her to her 15-month checkup at the beginning of the month and the nurse asked me how many words she used, I had absolutely no idea.  She said, "Do you think it's less than 5?  5 to 10?  More than 10?"  I said, "Oh, I'm sure it's more than ten."  Then, when the doctor came in, he said, "So, tell me about her verbal skills.  What kinds of words is she saying these days?"  And I drew a complete blank.  I could only think of three or four.  I knew there were more, but I just wasn't prepared for the question.

I decided to make a list of words she used that were clearly intentional and had meaning for her.  And here is what I came up with:

no
up
hi
hiyou
brennan ("meh-meh")
banana
uh-huh
mama
dada
hereyougo
book
help (sounds just like "up")
please or this?? ("ees?")
uh-oh
whereareyou? ("ahyou?)"
baby
mm hmm
yuck
ball
meow
woof woof
baa
look
more
down
hello
milk
go
boo
boom

Yeah, I'd say that's more than ten.  What a little show off.  What a clueless mommy.  :-)  Can you tell she's not my first child?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...