Monday, January 17, 2011

Monogrammed Shower Curtain

On Saturday I finally tackled a project that I've been wanting to do since we moved in.  When I chose a shower curtain for our guest bath / kids' bathroom last spring, I intentionally chose a plain, black and white shower curtain with a vision of personalizing it.


With just a little bit of black dupioni silk, an R printed and pieced together on regular printer paper,


the help of my window (I could have reversed the image on the paper in the first place, but that would have been smart),



some carbon paper, and a piece of iron-on fusing,


we went from drab to fab!


Brennan wants to know why I did an R instead of writing "Brennan and Cora's Bathroom" on the shower curtain.  Silly boy.  In the mean time, Brennan made this sign and hung it on the front door of our house.





In case you can't read it, it says "Brennan's and Cora's."  I decided not to be a smart alec and ask why he didn't write "Brennan's and Cora's House."  I figure I should model acceptance of creative license.  And I didn't want to waste my breath, because he was happy, and I was able to start another project.  More to come in a few days!

2 comments:

  1. Your shower curtain turned out lovely:) And I love the sign that Brennan made too!

    Blessings,
    Jen
    Bella Grace Home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I might need to copy this awesome idea for a guest bath:) I’m having a GIVEAWAY…would love to have you come by and enter to win a gift card and some goodies!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...