So, without further ado, this year's goals:
1. Give some love to the master bedroom (!)
Not everything in the master bedroom needs attention. Our furniture is really quite lovely. And the curtains are pretty new. But we have totally neglected this space while focusing on other parts of the house. Now it is time to create an oasis. We need...
- new bedding
- artwork on walls
- a monogram over the bed
- a bookshelf
- a reading corner (upholstered chair and ottoman or chaise)
I'd also really love to paint the room a darker color, but I don't know if it will happen. Jim said he would love to add crown moulding, but that isn't officially on the list.
2. Change and improve the master bath
Our master bath is such a pain. We knew it would be when we chose the floor plan for this house. We tried to figure out ways to remove square footage from our huge bedroom and add them to the bathroom, but there was just no good way to do it. So, we are always banging into each other and locking each other out when using the facilities.
We would like to...
We would like to...
- add a pocket door to the toilet area
- change the light fixtures and fans accordingly
- add artwork
3. Get new lamps / lampshades for the family room
These lamps and shades are super dated and the brass ones are a bit stuffy. It's time for a change!
4. Finally redo Brennan's curtains
So, Brennan's curtains have been too short since we moved into this house. I bought another pair from someone who was selling some last year, but they are too short also. I plan to piece them together somehow to get the right look and length but just haven't done it yet.
5. Hang a new family photo in the family room
I've never been really happy with this sign under the shelf. I want to replace it with one of my favorite photos from our recent photo shoot.
6. Make barn wood artwork to go over the living room sofa
I loved the artwork I made for my in-laws so much I am planning to make one for our house, as well. I'm still trying to figure out what it will say.
7. Fix up Cora's curtains and window seat
Last year we were able to score a new bookshelf from Ikea to put under the window in Cora's room. Now I want to:
- upholster a cushion
- make/buy throw pillows
- either shorten the existing curtains or get new ones & move the rod to better frame the space
8. Make the craft room a functional, organized space
I am so grateful to have a craft room. With a door. However, the space doesn't really work for me. I end up with piles of paper all over the floor, I have to do all of my painting, assembling, and glueing at the kitchen counter because there is no workable table space, and I am using valuable space to store items I will realistically never use. I need to:
- purge old inventory and scrapbooking supplies
- get more closed door storage
- get more workable table space
- purchase some paper sorters so I can quickly grab all of the papers I use for my orders
- contain my fabric stash in a more compact, useable manner
- add/improve lighting
These goals are probably lofty (as usual,) but I'll do my best. Now that I have three kiddos and a small business that's taking off, I don't have as much time as I used to. I hope to at least make a good dent. Here's to a beautiful 2013! :-)