Tuesday, January 22, 2013

2012 House Goals in Review... How Did I Do?


It's that time of year again!  It's time to review my house goals from last year and see how much I actually accomplished.  I both love and hate this.  It's great fun to see the spaces that have improved, but it is also a little discouraging to see the things that didn't get done.  One thing I'm sure of:  If I hadn't set specific goals, I wouldn't have achieved half as much in our home.

So, here we go...

1.  Make the baby a beautiful nursery of all his own.


Before:

After:



  • Paint the walls
  • Make and buy artwork
  • Buy / make crib bedding

Our littlest guy has a beautiful, soothing place to sleep and call his own.  I couldn't be happier with it.

2.  Beautify this bathroom!

Before:

After:



  • Put up bead board paneling
  • Add color with paint
  • Frame out or change the mirror
  • Add artwork 
I have a photo arriving in the mail next week that will go on the bare wall above the hand towels, and I have the frames purchased for three prints that will go on the wall opposite the sink.  Hopefully I will get all of the artwork done before the end of January.


3.  Finally do something with this empty wall in the dining room.

Before:

After:


4.  Get Brennan new curtains.


Well, I got him new ones, but they are still too short and even less attractive, so this one is still unfinished.

5.  Frame a map on this wall in the play room.


Haven't done it.  :-/

6.  Paint unfinished furniture.

Before:

After:



  • Cora's nightstand
  • Toy bench
  • Storage for half bath

7.  Fill in the living room.

Before:

After:

  • Secretary desk brought down from the bedroom
  • A lamp on top of the desk
A few additional things that weren't even on the list got accomplished as well!  We got a new seagrass rug in both the living and dining rooms, and this week we have some Christmas-gift drapes arriving for the living room, as well.

8.  Get a bookshelf for the master bedroom.


Nope.  Now that the desk has been moved to the living room, this bedroom wall is bare and simply collects boxes and junk from around the house.  :-(

9.  Make artwork for Cora's room.

Before:

After:




10.  Paint the guest bathroom.

Before:

After:

It's hard to tell, but I painted the bathroom a beautiful gray that I love.  But that's as far as I got.

11.  Hang something above the bed.


Fail again.  I have to admit, our bedroom is the most neglected room in our house, and it will be at the top of the priority list for 2013.  (Those goals will come in the next week or so, hopefully.)

So, I accomplished the majority of my goals including the two biggest projects: Seth's room and the kids' bathroom.  I am really proud of the things we got done and happy to see our house look more and more complete and loved. Overall, I'd say it was a very successful year for our house.  :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...