Sunday, June 5, 2011

Lydia's Graduation Party


Our friends, Tommy and Tricia, watched their oldest daughter graduate from high school last weekend.  As a mother, I cannot imagine what that would be like.  Watching them let go has made me so thankful that I still have some time...


Tricia asked me if I would be willing to help decorate for Lydia's graduation party.  She told me that she wanted to use the school colors of black, red, and gold, and that she wanted a candy buffet.  Other than that, she was pretty open.





I kept things pretty simple with black and red balloons, tissue poms, and the candy buffet.  I also did a wishing tree where people could write down their wishes for Lydia.


My favorite decoration was the centerpiece for the food table.  I made graduation cap pops with Ghiradelli chocolates, mini Reese's peanut butter cups, and some melted chocolate to hold everything together.


AND my the most exciting part about planning for this party is that I got my birthday present two days before the party...

Are you ready?

Are you sure?

Keep scrolling down...





I got a Silhouette!!!  If you're not crafty, you probably don't care or even know what I'm talking about.  But if you are, you're probably pretty jealous.  I understand.  I'm jealous of me, too.  :-)

When I had owned my new toy for less than twelve hours, I had already made this banner:


The Silhouette came with the pennant shape, so I just had to type out the letters, send everything to the machine, and glue it all together!  I spent less than an hour on the whole thing!  I also made the little graduation cap for the card box and the word "cards" to go on it.  Easy peasy.


Congratulations to all 2011 graduates, and happy birthday to me!  :-)  I see lots of fun projects in my future...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...