Saturday, March 10, 2012

Soccer Mom

One of the most stressful things about getting pregnant last fall was trying to figure out how we were going to get a dependable car that would transport a family of five.  Neither of us had cars that could fit three car seats.  We don't do debt and didn't have much cash to put into a new van or SUV because of all of our medical bills last year with Cora, so I prayed and trusted that if God believed we deserved this baby on His special timing, He could handle the details.


Well, He certainly handled this one.  A humongous tax return and a great trade-in price on my Honda Civic (plus a little help from an acquaintance who is a dealer) got us this fabulous minivan: A 2005 Nissan Quest with a clean record and good mileage.  At first I just kind of liked it, but each day that I drive it, I grow to love it more.  It is comfortable, handles great, and has such awesome features for our family!  It doesn't have a ton of bells and whistles, but after the car I was driving before (no light in the trunk and manual windows), it feels like a luxury car.  Being able to open the doors or trunk with the click of a button is something I've quickly grown accustomed to!


Plus, it's not ugly.  I think it looks pretty cool, actually.  Definitely a plus.  :-)

Now this is my life, complete with the giant playset in the back yard:


I wouldn't have it any other way.

The van came just in time for Brennan to start soccer in a few weeks, so I guess I am officially a soccer mom now.  At least I don't have to be a really lame one.

In other news, the nursery is nearly done.  Here is a peek at the bedding:


More nursery photos to come next week.  I hope you're having a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...