Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Rocking Around the Christmas Tree


Christmas is in the air, and we have been very busy enjoying the season.  Two days after Thanksgiving we made a trip about an hour north of our house to choose and cut down our Christmas tree.  This is one of my very favorite Christmas traditions that Jim and I have kept since before Brennan was born.  Every one of our kids has gone tree chopping in utero, and baby #3 is no exception.


This year we went with our friends Jeff and Sheli and their daughter, Mia (plus baby boy, due in February or March).  It was their first time cutting down their own tree, and I think they enjoyed the hunt.





Here is our last Christmas tree photo as a family of four: (!)

In addition to being busy finding the perfect Christmas tree, we've also been super busy getting our craft on.  Brennan made this adorable reindeer painting at school:


...and I had a huge craft night for the women's ministry at our church last Friday.  A whole bunch of women gathered at my house to make wreaths, gift tags, etched glass gifts, chocolate dipped pretzels, and to order some custom monogrammed items from my friend Kellie, who brought her monogramming machine.


There was a lot of really good food...


... creative women...




... and a ton of estrogen filling my entire house!


Even people who said they hated crafts or hadn't done a craft since sixth grade friendship bracelets seemed to have a blast.


I never wanted the night to end (and it almost didn't, as the last person walked out my door at 11:45 PM!).  I loved every single minute.  I was tired, but I was thrilled that people stayed so late and seemed to have such a good time.  I have had several requests to make this an annual event, and I would be more than happy to oblige, especially if we have the you-need-to-wear-sweatpants-or-pajamas rule again.  

If you want in on next year's Christmas tree cutting event or craft night, let me know!  We'd love for you to join us!


This Saturday we are looking forward to my other favorite Christmas event: The Lampo Christmas party!  I can't wait to put on a dress and feel girly, eat good food, take pictures with my handsome husband, and get spoiled by Dave Ramsey.  It's going to be awesome!

I'd love to hear about your favorite Christmas events!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...