Friday, November 9, 2012

Homemade Halloween

Halloween was more fun than ever this year!!  For the first time, we had a very homemade Halloween!


In the weeks leading up to Halloween, we enjoyed some fall activities, including a trip across the street  to Hicklen Farm to buy our pumpkins.  (I made Cora's dress and was really pleased with how it turned out.)



I also got a little crafty when it was my turn to provide snacks after the soccer game a few days before Halloween.  We had Hershey bars left over from s'mores on our vacation, so here is what I did: (Thanks, Pinterest!)


For costumes this year, I made two out of the three.  (Seth's $6 penguin costume was a no-brainer.)


Cora had a costume parade at school, and she was a little unsure of herself, but she came around and ended up having a good time.



We also went trick-or-treating at Dave Ramsey's office (daddy's work), as always, and that was a lot of fun, too.


I'm not a fan of the ghouls and goblins, but as long as we can keep Halloween focused on candy, costumes, and creative fun, we are golden.



(This is my second post for today.  If you missed the post on our vacation, be sure to check it out!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...