Saturday, September 8, 2012

Seth: Five Months Old



Sleeping Patterns:  Seth sleeps from about 7:00 PM (give or take a half hour) until I wake him around 5:30 or 6:00 to eat, and then he goes back to sleep until around 8:15 AM.  He is awake for a couple of hours, takes a morning nap until lunch time (roughly 10 AM until 12 PM, though our schedule makes it hard to know how consistent this actually is), and goes back down around 1:30 for a long afternoon nap.  The little boy likes to sleep, and he really wants to do it in his crib.  If we are out running around during nap time, he protests loudly.


Eating Habits:  He's still eating about every three hours.  The note from his well visit a month ago said he should be going four hours now, but he's not unless he takes a four-hour nap.  Oh, well.  He's not a grazer, he's efficient, and he sleeps well.

New Discoveries Made:  Seth loves to shriek and make long, throaty sounds.  Mommy and Daddy have made a discovered something too:  The Exersaucer is a guaranteed "poop machine."  


Accomplishments:  Yesterday Seth said unsupported (tripod-style) for the first time!

Places We Went:  We didn't go anywhere very exciting.


Memorable Events or Holidays: Labor Day was pretty uneventful.  We made the mistake of going to Opry Mills Mall that weekend.  It was a zoo, but Seth was a champ.

Baby's Weight Gain:  I have no idea how much he weighs now, but he is wearing size 3 diapers and 6 month clothes.


Mommy's Weight Loss:  I have four pounds left to go until I reach my pre-pregnancy weight.  I'm not sure those four pounds will be enough to get back into all of my old pants, though.  All moms know that returning to your previous weight does not necessarily mean that your clothes will fit the same, especially if you're nursing.  Oh well.  My boots fit now!!  :-)


Seth, I love you so much.  You make me smile, you make me laugh, and I cannot kiss your little head enough.  You are an easygoing, thumb-sucking sweetheart, and I delight in every minute we spend together.  I am so thankful for the days we have alone together when Cora and Brennan are in school.  Even though I am looking forward to the day when we can all go places together and have fun as a family of five, I am trying really hard to savor ever minute of your infancy.  You are so precious to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...